Hours (20-25 per week)
Hours may need to be flexible depending on time of year.
Exempt: No Supervisor: Pastor
This position is the main point of “first contact” and vital to the mission of Pope John XXIII. The individual strives to keep the integrity of the parish office a place that is warm and welcoming to all who visits the office and must be a self-starter and a possess a strong work ethic.
The position provides administrative support to the Pastor, Pastoral Associate, Business Administrator, Faith Formation Coordinators, and other staff and ministry leaders as needed.
Support includes: filing, report generation, presentation creation, research, meeting set-up, Sacramental Records, Liturgical binders, keeping track of the Monthly Parish Calendar and also Sacraments for the year (Weddings, Funerals, Confirmations, Baptism)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following.
- Screen phone calls and route callers to appropriate parties
- Self-starting and willing to work with minimal supervision
- Serve as the main point of contact for the Pastor and Pastoral associate and also to help coordinate parish activates
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented
- Willing to work in a linked parish setting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Learn the Parish Data Software; work with the Business Administrator in keeping the Database updated
- Receive, and distribute Mail appropriately/ preparing items for mailing
- Understands communication via social media outlets and website
- As needed, assist in the preparation of the linked parish bulletin
- As needed, keep track of Mass intentions and assist with Mass Cards to Mass intentions
- As needed, coordinate with the homebound minister and keeping an up-to-date listing of the sick, deceased, as well sending our prayer intentions
- Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills including maintaining polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and in face-to-face meetings, high level of attention to detail, proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel,) proficient in using a Digital google platform (calendar, email, drive, etc).
Maintains and orderly and clean office and filing system
Practicing Catholic or possessing a sound knowledge of the Catholic faith preferred
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act to perform the essential functions of this position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
One to three years prior administrative support experience, preferably in support of a customer facing team, at least 60 college credits